Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cerclage removal

My cerclage removal was scheduled for Tuesday, August 4th at 12:30 pm. Phillip and I arrived at the hospital at 10:30 am, checked in and was taken to my room. I had to wear one of the lovely hospital gowns and got hooked up to the fetal heartbeat monitor and contraction monitor. The nurse also started my IV. Once again, it took more than one try to get it going. She busted a vein and it was very painful. She finally found success the second time around. It was noon when my doctor came in and started getting his stuff together for the procedure. Then he started to try the procedure without any pain meds. That was a mistake!!! He ended up stopping, and had one of the nurses go and get some demerol to help with the pain. It didn't take long for it to start working. He then continued with the procedure, taking both stiches out. The entire procedure only lasted about 20 minutes. After that, I was monitored for contractions and any signs of labor, which thank God I didn't have any. I was discharged at 2 pm. There was some cramping that lasted throughout the next day, but went away eventually. I did not dilate any from the cerclage removal. So I guess we just wait to see what these next few days have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment