Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My last (weekly) OB appointment before c-section

I went in for my last OB appointment on Friday, August 7th. More of the usual routine. My BP was actually good this time, 90/63. My weight was still "good", although if you ask me I'd say it is way too high! My urine also was good, no signs of sugar or protein. So off to the exam room I went to wait for my doctor to come see me. He came in (I saw the doctor who will be performing my c-section) and we listened to 'Lil Bean's heartbeat. It was loud and strong! He is difinitely happy where he's at in Mommy's belly! We went over the plan for Thursday, and it all seemed like textbook. I had a few requests, which he was happy to accomodate, and for that I am very thankful. I have my pre-op scheduled for Wednesday, August 12th at 10 am. Then on Thursday, August 13th, I am to be at the hospital at 10:30 to start the IV fluids and antibiotics. The surgery is scheduled for 12:30 pm. If all goes well, we will be discharged and allowed to come home on Sunday, August 16th, where we will begin a brand new journey. I am so excited!

Later that evening, Phillip and I went to the mall to make our heartbeat teddy for 'Lil Bean. We picked out a furry blue teddy bear, and we stuffed our baby's actual recorded heartbeat in it. We also put a heartbeat pulse in it. It is so cute! We got to print out the bear's birth certificate and all that cool stuff. We had a great time at Build-A-Bear! We will definitely take it to the hospital and use it as a prop for 'Lil Bean's newborn pictures!

I have some loose ends to tie up and errands to run before our big day. I hope and pray that I can get them all done. Kaleb starts school at Seffner Christian Academy on the 20th, so there's still quite a bit of stuff I need to do to get ready for that. So I guess I need to start getting busy and getting these things done! Wish me luck everyone! Thank you and God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment